Friday, January 19, 2018

Simply Colored Notecards

I'm back with another bunch of stamps I bought in September and never had time to play with! I shopped a LOT that month so I have a backlog of things to get creative with, and these have been in the top spot since then.

I wanted to do a little set of notecards with them - as I've told you, I'm using the Whisper White notecards and envelopes a ton lately - I like the smaller size. I thought that these images were sized perfectly for those cards, and I thought I'd make a little set with the four sets that I bought.

Once I saw the main set, I then had to have the other three because they are just so danged cute! The sentiments work across all the images too, which is nice.

Since the designs are so detailed, I wanted to keep the coloring simple, so I really just colored the design elements, and VERY simply - no shading, just single colors for each element. Then I shaded the cats themselves with grey. So easy - no coloring skill required, and it lets the images have the spotlight, as they should. Because look at them!
Flora Cat Notecards by Understand Blue
Waffle Flower FLORA CAT MEOW Clear...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Waffle Flower FLORA CAT DREAM Clear...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Waffle Flower FLORA CAT PLAY Clear...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Waffle Flower FLORA CAT Clear Stamp...
[ SSS | ELH ]
Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes...
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | ELH | SSS ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Y06 - Yellow Sketch Marker (4682)
[ MFT | ELH | SSS ]
BG07 - Petroleum Blue Sketch Marker...
[ MFT | ELH | SSS ]
RV02 - Sugared Almond Pink Sketch...
[ MFT | ELH | SSS ]
FYG2 - Fluorescent Dull Yellow Green...
[ MFT | ELH | SSS ]
BG01 - Aqua Blue Sketch Marker (4427)
[ MFT | ELH | SSS ]
RV29 - Crimson Sketch Marker (4623)
[ MFT | ELH | SSS ]
C3 - Cool Gray Sketch Marker (4472)
[ MFT ]

Aren't they adorable? This would make such a fun gift to give to a non-cardmaking friend. Everyone needs cards and everyone loves cute cats :).

They're the right size to put two sets in your MISTI and be able to stamp two cards at once, so you could make a lot really quickly. 

FYI - the price of a stamp is about to go up - so if you want to save some money - stock up before January 21st! I buy them online from the USPS, and they have a beautiful Love stamp that you can preorder now. It doesn't sound like much, but if you send a lot of cards, a difference of 20 cents a book will add up quickly.

Don't forget to check out my favorites lists if you didn't have time over the new year. I add to them whenever I find something new I love. 

Loveyameanitbye.

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful cards, love Waffle Flower. I love the new Love stamp, I worked for USPS for over 26 yrs. and I always bought my stamps online, lol. Here's a link to the new stamps coming in 2018 https://about.usps.com/news/national-releases/2017/pr17_079.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are such cute stamps and cards!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...